I know you miss my rantings, so here they are Web 2.0 style baby.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Web + Non-Web Apps

Okay, sometimes I think he's a tool and other times I think he's brilliant. Actually, I think as long as he isn't being a fanboy about the company he works for then I can stomach it.

I think he has a really valid point about where web apps are good and when they aren't. Of course, it depends on what kind of user you are. I use a word processor (read: fully fledged formatting tool) about 3 times a year (usually to pound out some sort of cover letter), so perhaps a web app version would suit me just fine. If I were a writer, however, I think I'd like one that has a slightly better and responsive UI.

For those building, I dunno, let's say call centre apps. Used all day? Or only occasionally? Hrm?

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home